Yoga wheels are a great tool to help improve your posture. Due to their design and versatility, they can be used in a variety of ways from stretching to helping with certain yoga poses. There are several brands on the market, so it’s important you choose the best yoga wheel for you specifically.
How Do I Choose a Yoga Wheel?
There are a variety of things you’ll want to take into account when purchasing a new yoga wheel including weight restrictions, what it’s made of, and overall versatility.
When looking for the best yoga wheel, it’s first important to choose one with proper weight restrictions. Several brands will make a regular version, as well as a smaller version. The small yoga wheels tend to have a lower weight limit, so consider how you will be using the prop before buying.
The next thing you’ll want to consider when you buy a yoga wheel is the materials used in the product. The best yoga wheels are made out of sturdy materials like firm plastic or wood. Some models also come with a skid and sweat-resistant padding on the outside. This will help keep you stationary and safe. You’ll also want to consider how lightweight and portable the yoga wheel is as well. You may be taking it to classes, so you’ll want to consider one that isn’t too heavy.
A versatile yoga wheel is almost a must. You’ll want it for improving flexibility and stretching your shoulders, back, hips, and more. It can also be used as a great prop for yoga to improve backbends and other more challenging poses.
Are Yoga Wheels Safe?
Yoga wheels are safe, but it’s important to use them correctly and to your ability.
Always attempt yoga poses that are appropriate with your current ability. Overextending yourself, even with the use of a yoga wheel, can result in injury.
If you’re using a yoga wheel for stretching or back pain, start slow. You may feel some discomfort at first, so it’s important to listen to your body and adjust as need be.
If you’re unsure about how a yoga wheel might work for you, it’s always best to consult with your doctor first.
Do Yoga Wheels Help Back Pain?
Back pain is common in a lot of people, especially those who spend most of their day hunched over at a desk.
Luckily, a yoga wheel is a great option for deep stretching to enhance flexibility and alleviate back pain. They are uniquely designed to open the chest by massaging the spine. The stretch will help release tension in both your back and core.
Additionally, the use of a yoga wheel will also help open up other muscles such as tight hips, shoulders, chest, and abs as well.
Even just a few minutes a day using a yoga wheel can have great results with back pain and greatly improve your posture.
There are a ton of great yoga wheel back stretches that can be done. Check out the video below for a few examples.
Top 5 Yoga Wheels
Based on the criteria above, here are our picks for the best yoga wheel.
Best Seller: UpCircleSeven Yoga Wheel
UpCircleSeven’s yoga wheel is named the strongest and most comfortable product in the market. It can withstand up to 550 pounds, which is higher than most other options. The sweat-resistant thick padding helps keep it in place, while also cushioning your hands, feet, and back. There are a variety of colors to choose from, including a cork version.
It comes with an e-Guide to help you get started which is great for beginners.
- STRONGEST YOGA WHEEL ON THE MARKET: Able to withstand 550 lbs! Lower quality yoga wheels...
- ULTIMATE COMFORT: Our yoga wheel features the thickest padding available. It’s superior...
- Sturdy – can withhold up to 550 lbs.
- Comes with e-Guide to help you get started
- Great for stretching your back and improving posture
- Price range is middle of the pack
Highly Rated: REEHUT Yoga Wheel
The REEHUT yoga wheel is stretchable, so it aligns a little more with the specific shape of your back. Similar to the yoga wheel by UpCircleSeven, this model has a thick, anti-slip padding around the 12.6-inch exterior. There are also different padding colors to choose from which helps provide a ton of comfort when using this yoga wheel.
It can withstand 330 pounds, so not as much as other wheels, but it’s still incredibly durable. It also comes with a stretching ebook to help if you’ve never used a yoga wheel before.
- STRETCHABLE: The yoga wheel can stretch the ligament and relax the shoulder massage; it...
- COMFORTABLE: Yoga wheel features a hybrid TPE foam which cushions your palms, feet, and...
- Stretchable so it aligns with your back
- Comfortable anti-slip padding, with a variety of colors to choose from
- Great for improving balance and flexibility
- Can’t withstand as much weight as other yoga wheels
Best Value: Pete’s Choice Dharma Yoga Wheel
The yoga wheel from Pete’s Choice is our pick for the best value. It’s incredibly sturdy, made of ABS material. The padding on the outside is comfortable, while also remaining effective by sticking to the floor. It also comes with a strap that can be used for a variety of additional stretches and yoga poses.
For the price, durability, and additional features, this is a great yoga wheel if you’re looking for a great value.
- CHANGE YOUR LIFE: Back massage, better balance, more flexibility and core strength are...
- MULTIPLE HEALTH BENEFITS: Scientific research supports the mental and physical benefits of...
- Best value in terms of price
- Sturdy and reliable material, with comfortable and effective exterior padding
- Comes with a strap for additional stretches
- May have to email support for free eBook
Sleek Design: Shogun Sports Yoga Wheel
The yoga wheel by Shogun Sports offers something a little different when it comes to the overall look. With a sleeker all black and black and white options, this is the perfect wheel for someone who likes to keep it a little more neutral.
Offering similar stability as our other picks on the list, the Shogun Sports yoga wheel can withstand up to 500 pounds. It has a ¾ inch TPE padding around the outside, which is also eco-friendly. You also won’t have any issues transporting this wheel as it only weighs 5 pounds.
- IMPROVE YOUR FLEXIBILITY AND REDUCE PAIN: The Shogun Sports Yoga Wheel has been designed...
- STURDY & BUILT TO LAST: The Shogun Sports Yoga Wheel has a durable skid-resistant Eco...
- Sleek design
- Incredible durable with an eco-friendly exterior padding
- Only weighs 5 pounds
- No instructions, but does come with a free pose book
Yogi’s Choice: Yoga Design Lab Yoga Wheel
Yoga Design Lab’s yoga wheel is the choice prop from beginners to advanced yogis. It can withstand up to 550 pounds, so it’s incredibly durable. Perfect for stretching and opening up your back, hips, chest, shoulders, and abs.
There are several great designs to choose from, including some made of cork.
Finally, and probably the best part about Yoga Design Labs, but for every yoga wheel purchased, they donate $1 to support youth yoga programs in need.
- STRETCH FURTHER: Open the back, chest, hip flexors, and shoulders in the most rewarding...
- DISCOUNT YOGA SET / KIT OFFER: Buy two or more YDL products and get 10% or more off your...
- Incredibly unique designs
- Very durable and can withstand up to 550 lbs
- Supports a great mission, donating to youth yoga programs
- A little more expensive than the other options on the list
The Best Yoga Wheel for You
There are a ton of great uses for a yoga wheel. Maybe you want to finally pull off that backbend you’ve been trying for so long. Or maybe you’re looking for something to just stretch and help your hurting back. Or maybe you don’t even know exactly how you plan on using it yet. Either way, it’s important to choose a yoga wheel that is both sturdy and versatile.
We don’t think you can go wrong with any of the choices on our list, but if we had to chose one for the best yoga wheel, it would be the UpCircleSeven Yoga Wheel.
The 550 weight limit is incredible, and a true testament to the durability. It’s also incredibly light, so it’s easy to carry from one place to the next. The 8mm padding around the outside is both comfortable and efficient in keeping the wheel in one place during use.
For the best yoga wheel, you can buy, check out the UpCircleSeven Yoga Wheel.