Push-ups will not cause you to specifically lose arm fat, but using push-ups as part of a total body weight loss program will help you lose weight and tone your arm muscles. Because there is no way to target a specific body part for fat loss, it’s essential to combine diet and exercise for weight loss. Push-ups will help tone arm muscles. This way, as you do lose body fat, your arms will look their best.
How Do Push-Ups Benefit Arm Tone?
Push-ups strengthen, build, and tone the muscles in your upper arms, chest, and shoulders. Because push-ups require you to assume a plank position, they will also work your core muscles. Specifically, push-ups target the triceps, which is the muscle on the back of your upper arm. By doing push-ups, the muscles there will tighten and become more defined.
- Push-ups target the triceps muscle on the back of your upper arms.
- Your shoulders, chest, and core muscles are also targeted by push-ups.
- It’s easy to tailor a push-up workout to your skill level.
- Make sure to follow a weekly workout schedule with the optimal number of push-up workouts.
Push-ups are one of the simplest exercises that we learn, but they are a powerhouse exercise. When push-ups are performed with proper form, they create an intense workout. Depending on your skill level, you can choose one of our deck of cards push-up workouts for beginners or advanced athletes. You can even start with knee push-ups, since those are also extremely effective as well.
Why Don’t Push-Ups Reduce Arm Fat?
Push-ups do not cause you to specifically lose arm fat because muscle strengthening and fat loss are two different processes. You can use push-ups to develop very strong arm, chest, and shoulder muscles, but if you have a high body fat percentage these muscles will not be defined or toned. This is because body fat is stored under the skin, above the muscles. So, excess body fat will literally hide the muscles you develop through push-ups.
- Push-ups build and tone muscle, but body fat will hide these muscles.
- You can use push-ups as part of a weight loss program but they must be combined with a healthy diet and other forms of exercise.
- When you lose fat through diet and exercise, you cannot choose where you will lose fat.
- Diet and exercise will help you lose weight, but you cannot specifically lose only arm fat through push-ups.
Another reason push-ups don’t directly contribute to the loss of fat in the arms is that we cannot choose where we will lose body fat. Even when you follow our tips for using push-ups to lose weight, you can’t decide where the fat will disappear first. Following a healthy diet and exercise program will help you lose fat, but you may lose fat in your midsection, lower body, or arms equally. There is no way to target a specific body part for fat loss. Losing weight is a total body experience.
What is the Best Way to Lose Arm Fat?
The ideal way to lose fat is by following a program that combines regular exercise with a low-calorie diet. Studies have shown that weight loss occurs when you perform exercise that burns 300 calories at least 3 times per week. Work with a doctor, personal trainer, or nutritionist to create a diet and exercise plan tailored to healthy, safe weight loss. Remember to stick with it—most weight loss programs require 3 months before you begin to see major results.
- Lose arm fat by following a total-body exercise and diet plan.
- Work with a professional to create a safe, effective workout and meal schedule.
- Be patient—it may take 12 weeks before you begin seeing drastic weight loss results.
- Remember, everyone’s body is different. Some people are more prone to storing fat in their upper arms, while others store fat in their midsection or lower body.
By using push-ups as part of your diet and exercise program, you will lose fat throughout your body. However, depending on the person you may lose arm fat first or last. Everyone’s body is different. One person may have stubborn body fat in their midsection while another is more prone to storing fat in their arms. The key is to work toward overall fitness. You will transform your body and increase your fitness level by sticking to your plan.
How Do You Use Push-Ups to Lose Fat?
Combine push-ups with a low-calorie diet and a total-body workout plan for the best weight loss results. By working out, your body burns more calories. Then, if the food you eat contains fewer calories than you burn each day, you will lose weight. Push-ups accelerate weight loss by giving you a great way to burn calories. They’re also great for building muscle. By incorporating push-ups into your routine, you can lose fat and replace it with toned muscles.
- Pair push-ups with other exercises and a low-calorie diet to lose weight.
- To lose fat, it’s essential to burn more calories per-day than you take in from food.
- Push-ups can be used as a weight loss exercise, but they do not burn calories as quickly as aerobic exercises like running, cycling, or swimming.
Make sure to exercise all your muscle groups in order to build muscle in your upper body and lower body. However, it’s important to note that anaerobic exercises, such as push-ups, do not burn as many calories per minute as aerobic exercises. So, kickboxing, running, rowing, swimming, and cycling are more effective ways to burn calories than push-ups.
Can You Lose Arm Fat With Push-Ups?
You can lose arm fat by using push-ups as part of a complete fitness program, but you can’t specifically burn arm fat. Here’s why:
- Push-ups work the muscles in your arms, chest, shoulders, and core.
- Working muscles in a certain area of the body does not necessarily burn fat in that area.
- Body fat is stored under the skin, on top of the muscle. So, strong push-up muscles can be hidden by body fat.
- In order to lose body fat, follow a diet and exercise plan that helps you burn more calories than you consume.
- Push-ups can be part of a fitness plan that helps build muscle and burn calories.
- There is no way to specifically lose fat in one area, such as the arms.
- You cannot control where fat is lost when you begin diet and exercise—you could lose fat in your arms or somewhere else first.
Although push-ups are one of our favorite exercises at Fitness Day One, it’s essential to know the facts about exercise and weight loss. Because there is no way to spot-treat fat, it’s essential to follow a diet and exercise plan that benefits your entire body. With hard work and patience, you will lose body fat and tone your arms.