Bang energy isn’t just a recreational energy drink—it has the DNA of pre-workout. Bang can be used as a pre-workout because it includes:
- Caffeine for energy and focus.
- Electrolytes to prevent dehydration.
- Super Creatine and BCAAs for muscle recovery and growth.
- Artificial sweeteners to eliminate empty calories
Fitness Day One is not affiliated with Bang energy in any way. What we’ve included in this article is based entirely on our research into Bang and its products. So, you may be surprised to see what we’ve found out.
What Should You Look for in a Pre-Workout?
Let’s discuss what makes a good pre-workout supplement. Then, we’ll use these criteria to see whether Bang energy drink is an ideal choice before you hit the gym. The most important things to look for in pre-workout are:
- Energy Boost: Most pre-workouts have 100–200 mg of caffeine.
- Increased Focus: Taurine helps you remain focused on your workout.
- Electrolytes: Ingredients such as sodium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium help you stay hydrated.
- Protein Building Blocks: BCAAs and EAAs are quickly converted to muscle and help build strength after a workout.
- Creatine: Like protein, creatine helps you build strength and muscle mass.
- Low Sugar: Ideally, you want a pre-workout that helps you focus, perform at your peak, and build muscle without adding body fat. Good pre-workout contains no sugar.
The ideal supplement contains all these ingredients. It also combines them all in the right balance. Now that we know what we’re looking for, let’s see if Bang Energy delivers what you need from a pre-workout.
What are the Ingredients in Bang Energy?
For the purposes of this section, we’ll be looking at this standard Bang energy drink. We’ll start here, then discuss some other Bang products. When examining your typical can of Bang energy against the standards we set for our pre-workout, we find:
- Energy Boost: One can of Bang energy contains 300 mg of caffeine, more than twice as much caffeine as a single scoop of C4 pre-workout.
- Increased Focus: Bang does not include taurine, but caffeine has also been shown to help you focus.
- Electrolytes: A typical can of Bang Energy includes sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium—all the essential electrolytes common to sports drinks.
- Protein Building Blocks: Bang contains leucine, isoleucine, and valine—the 3 BCAAs included in BCAA supplements.
- Creatine: Bang includes a form of “super creatine” bonded with L-Leucine BCAA
- Low Sugar: Bang has 0 grams of sugar.
It may be incredible to see, but Bang energy truly does have the same building blocks as a pre-workout. Other energy drinks don’t contain these same ingredients, making Bang a much better choice for pre-workout than its competitors.
Can You Use Bang as a Pre-Workout?
Because it uses artificial sweeteners instead of sugar and includes caffeine, electrolytes, BCAAs, and creatine, Bang is not a bad pre-workout supplement. It has the essential building blocks to deliver energy, maintain hydration, and help you build muscle after a workout. It’s a far better choice than competitor energy drinks.
- Bang contains the essential building blocks of a good pre-workout drink.
- Bang is a better pre-workout than other common energy drinks.
- Try Bang pre-workout for a Bang product that is engineered for athletes.
However, for a drink that is optimized specifically for your workout, try this Bang pre-workout instead of the standard energy drink. This pre-workout contains 350 mg of caffeine per serving, which is 50 mg more than a can of Bang energy. Plus, the formula has been balanced to deliver more of what you need from a pre-workout supplement.
Does Bang Increase Muscle Growth?
Because Bang includes BCAAs and creatine, the latter of which has been scientifically linked to muscle growth, Bang energy does in fact include ingredients that encourage muscle growth. Of course, ingredients such as BCAAs and creatine only help build muscle if you are training your muscles for mass and strength increases. Drinking Bang (or any pre-workout) without following an exercise plan will not build muscle.
- When combined with exercise, the ingredients in Bang help support muscle strength and mass increases.
- The creatine and BCAA supplements in Bang have been scientifically shown to help build muscle.
- The effects of Bang pre-workout have also been studied, with positive results.
The effects of Bang pre-workout were also studied. In the study, participants who used Bang pre-workout experienced more muscle and strength gains than those who took a placebo supplement. So, it seems clear that Bang has developed a formula for muscle growth.
Is Bang a Workout Supplement?
Although Bang energy is not strictly a workout supplement, it definitely has the DNA of a pre-workout drink. It includes energy boosters, electrolytes, BCAAs, creatine, and no sugar. So, you’ll get more of a pre-workout benefit from Bang than you will from coffee, tea, or most other energy drinks. However, you’ll find higher concentrations of beneficial ingredients in dedicated pre-workout drinks. So, Bang is a step above the competition, but it’s not quite a true pre-workout supplement.